Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm being scammed

This has all the usual warning signs of a romance scammer, I will dig a little deeper and see what I find but at this stage I would suggest that you ignore all attempts to be contacted by him.

Note, Right click and open links in a new window to remain on this page
There is some information here about the kind of information that will help us find proof and to keep you safe;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

And here there is a lot of information that will show you how these scams work and to help you recognise the scammers in the future.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

While we are looking into this, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Editing to add
After looking through this, I have not been able to find any proof however I have no doubt that its a scam, everything you have said fits a scammers profile perfectly, I cant yet be sure but this may be a UK based romance scammer which is a very rare species or the "personal assistant" may be another of his victims who was asked to receive the phone and pass it on.

A classic sign of a scammer is greed, take the phone, he didn't need you to send him just any phone, it had to be an iphone, if he had a genuine desperate need to have one, why that one, besides the fact they cost more.

If you prefer, you can forward emails and pictures to me but I may not be able to post them until later on tonight.

If you know how to find the header in the emails you received we may be able to confirm his location, if you dont know how to find a header, let us know which email provider (yahoo/gmail/hotmail/ect) you use and we can give you specific instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment